As said by a famous American philosopher:
"One second I'm a Koons
Then suddenly the Koons is me
Pop culture was in art
Now, art's in pop culture in me"
Much to art lovers’ regret, the COVID-19 pandemic closed museums around the globe. Good news: the Getty Museum has challenged people to recreate famous art pieces using equipment available in their houses.
We challenge you to recreate a work of art with objects (and people) in your home.— Getty (@GettyMuseum) March 25, 2020
🥇 Choose your favorite artwork
🥈 Find three things lying around your house⠀
🥉 Recreate the artwork with those items
And share with us. pic.twitter.com/9BNq35HY2V
Integrating art into your daily life can be hard. However, nothing’s impossible if you have enough time, talent, and dedication. And, of course, a pet.
1. Leonardo da Vinci, Lady with an Ermine
2. Frida Kahlo, Self-Portrait with Monkey
3. Omar Rayyan, The Favorite
4. Gerard ter Borch, A Maid Milking a Cow in a Barn
5. Charles Burton, Suspense
6. Frida Kahlo, Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird
7. Paul Cezanne, Leda and the Swan
8. Franz Marc, Girl with Cat
9. François Clouet, Hercule-François d'Alençon Duke of Alençon, Anjou and Brabant
10. Lucas Cranach the Elder: The Virgin and Child under an Apple Tree
11. Michelangelo, The Creation of Adam
12. Carlo Lasinio after Raphael, Mercury with his Caduceus, in his Chariot, Drawn by Cockerels
13. Lucian Freud, Double Portrait
14. Franz Marc, Dog Lying in the Snow
15. Mary Cassatt, Little Girl in a Blue Armchair
16. Henri Rousseau, The Dream
17. Berthe Morisot, Girl with a Dog
18. Paolo Antonio Barbieri, Portrait of Guercino and His Mother Elena Ghisellini, with a Lagotto Dog
19. Maria Pavlova, Duet
20. Giovanni Boldini, Portrait of the Marchesa Luisa Casati with a Greyhound
Pets are inspiring fellow artists. They can be helpful coworkers too!